Thursday, July 22, 2010

Can we say STUBBORN...

Little Spice is as comfortable as can be and does not want to come out!! Sadly, I just left my appointment with another appointment scheduled for Monday morning! :(  I still have not started to dilate so my doctor does not want to induce me tomorrow or over the weekend bc my odds increase in having a c-section since my body (or little spice) is not ready for the labor just yet. Ughhh! He did say that he has seen patients before with no movement (like me) and then they go into labor later that night so that brought a smile to my face and is my prayer!!

If no baby by this weekend, I will go in at 10:00 a.m. Monday morning and my dr will make sure everything is good with the baby's overall movements and breathing. He will also check the amniotic fluid and placenta to make sure the baby is getting everything he/she needs. This is standard procedure - he is not concerned about anything at this point! If there is still no progress, he will induce me next Thursday (8/29).

I am trying really hard not to be disappointed. Such is life and I am going to enjoy these next few days with Patrick and just being a family of two! :)

XOXO!

3 comments:

  1. Very exciting Amanda!!! I know you are over it! So close!!!! Love you and thinking about you and Patrick:) Meeting Little Spice will be a moment you will never forget.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say hold off and have that baby on August 4! That way, we can plan birthday parties together :) Hang in there - Spice just needs to be good and ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just heard the news. Congrats and be amazed over the next few months as she grows and changes so rapidly.

    ReplyDelete