Monday, May 3, 2010

Oh, What a Weekend...

This weekend was full of celebrations - my dad's (belated) birthday and our first baby shower!  My parents and sister came up Friday afternoon and stayed the weekend with us!  We had a great time and were constantly on the go.  We had a wonderful dinner on Friday night with Patrick's parents and our niece, Kiersten!  It was great to get everyone together and catch up.  Saturday morning we had our first baby shower!  It was so much fun and my sweet friends did such an amazing job!  Patrick and I are so thankful for their love and friendship!  The shower was perfect in every way.  Here are a few pics from the shower.

The centerpieces!


The fabulous hostesses and sweet, sweet friends!!

My mom, sister and me!

Our niece, Kiersten, my sister-in-law, Kim and my mother-in-law, Bev!  Other exciting news - Kim is almost 19 weeks pregnant with another boy!  We are SO excited that our babies are going to be so close in age and Holton is excited to be a big brother.  We can't wait to welcome Baby Baby (Holton's name for the baby) in September!


While we were at the shower, Patrick and my dad started putting together the nursery furniture!  We have the crib and glider ready to go and are just now waiting on the dresser and tall cabinet.  These items are in San Antonio and we hope to pick them up soon!  I will post pictures of the nursery once it is completed!
Saturday night, we had a birthday dinner for my dad with Judy, Kenneth, Kendra, Dan and Grey!  It was so fun celebrating with family.  I failed to get a picture of my dad's cake but here is a picture of him blowing out his candles on his real birthday.  Happy Belated Birthday Dad!  We were so glad that we were able to help celebrate with you!  XOXO!


We were sad to see everyone head back south on Sunday.  It was such a fun weekend and we enjoyed having everyone stay with us!  To wind down the weekend, Patrick and I spent Sunday afternoon at the park - it was a beautiful day and we enjoyed being outside in the sun.  Patrick took his fishing pole along with us and look what he caught! 
No worries, catch and release!! 

XOXO!

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a fun weekend. Did you get the candy? :)
    Everyone looks darling.
    baby baby will be here before we know it. :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a blast at the shower. We love you and love Baby Spice too! Glad you got so many great gifts too! You are all set up! XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute shower decorations! What do you think of the crib? I want to hear feedback - or post pictures! We're going to order our's once we get to SA in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing pics of the darling shower your Dallas friends gave you!! Esp. love the photo of your dad's b-day celebration--rarely do we get to see a pic of "the man" now...grandpa!
    Much love & looking forward to seeing you in SA soon,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOH how much fun!! I wish I could have been there to help you celebrate! I love you tons and miss you!!
    ~Ginna

    ReplyDelete