Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Yoakum, TX

Ever heard of it?!?!?!?!  Well, both of my parents are from Yoakum and I spent a lot of my childhood running around this small, small town!  I have such great childhood memories there and have not been back in many years.  This past weekend, Sutton and I decided to make the trip (sadly, Patrick had to stay back in Dallas) for the Knocke Christmas which was being held in Yoakum.  Yoakum is about 5 hours from Dallas so we broke up the drive and went to Austin to stay with Krissy then drove in with her for the day on Saturday.  When we arrived, Kristen and I took Sutton on a little tour of Yoakum.  Our first stop was our Grandmas house.  It brought back a lot of emotions but was so great to see it at the same time.  Lots of wonderful memories were had there and I SO wish Sutton could meet my grandma.  She was an amazing women who loved and adored her family.  We also showed her the bulldog statue we use to play on at the highschool which is across the street from Grandmas - I use to spend hours sitting on the bulldog while my grandma watched me!  We then went on to meet up with everyone and introduce Sutton to the whole Knocke family.  The Knocke family is quite large (my dad has 5 brothers and sisters) who have lots of kids who have lots of kids...you get the picture.  Sutton got to meet her great-grandparents, Granny and PoPo (my dad's parents), which was so special.  Granny and PoPo have 8 great-grandchildren and Sutton is the youngest and ONLY girl!  She was such a hit with them - they loved meeting her.  It was a fun day and Sutton was quite a trooper considering she had an ear infection and bad cough last week.  :( 

PoPo, Sutton, Grey and Granny
My dad, Popo, Sutton and Granny
Krissy (aka: Baby Hog) and Sass
Grey was in hog heaven - look at that pose!
Taking in the scene
 
Playing with Oso and getting ready for night night.

We had a great time and I loved having Sutton visit Yoakum.  XOXO!

5 comments:

  1. That post brought tears to my eyes. Loved reading your memories of childhood in Yoakum.
    We'll see you all over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Grandma must have been an amazing woman, I'm sorry I never got to meet her either. I bet she was smiling down at you 3 playing on that bulldog. Sutton is adorable! Can't wait to play with her
    Love
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Yoakum, Texas! Yes, I have heard of it and I, too, spent some time there as a child (with you, of course!). Your grandma Cessar was an awesome lady. Gosh, what was the name of that store we loved? She used to take us there and we would browse for hours. So glad Sutton got to enjoy time there as well. How special! Sorry she was sick! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I ONLY know Yoakum b/c of you guys. Love teh pics!!!! Can't wait to see her. And, when will that be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...you had to make me cry!! I miss her so much!!

    ReplyDelete